Merry Christmas from SERVPRO!
Merry Christmas from everyone at SERVPRO of Springfield! We hope everyone has a fantastically fun holiday! We hope it’s a safe holiday as well. Despite all the holiday joy and cheer around us, it’s important to remember that there’s still plenty that can go wrong. Especially with all the extra decorations and people around for the holidays. So it’s important to still be ready for the worst while still having fun with your family. The National Safety Council (NSC) has a list of safety to keep in the back of your mind this Christmas season to keep you and your family safe;
- Prepare your car for winter traveling and keep an emergency preparedness kit with you
- Never leave candles or fireplaces burning unattended or when you are asleep
- Be cautious about toys that have button batteries or magnets
- Plan ahead for heavy traffic
- Refrigerate hot or cold leftover food within two hours of being served
- Designate a sober driver to ensure guests make it home safely after a holiday party
- Choose toys for presents in the correct age range
- Wash your hands frequently when handling food
- Never nail, tack, or stress wiring when hanging lights
- Keep your decorations away from potentially poisonous plants
- Only use indoor lights indoors and outdoor lights outdoors
- Use a screen on the fireplace at all times when a fire is burning
Just a few simple tips can keep your holiday celebration safe and fun. We all love spending time with our families and our presents during the holiday season. But it’s just as important to make sure our homes and families are safe from all the potential hazards that are present even on Christmas. So stay safe and have a very Happy Holidays.
As always, if disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Springfield and SERVPRO of Morgan, Cass, Macoupin & Montgomery Counties are always here for you. We can be reached 24/7 at 217-528-7775.