Clean Those Air Ducts
If there’s one thing the whole COVID-19 pandemic taught us all, it’s the importance of quality air. Most of the businesses across the country have begun to look into just how the airflow of their buildings works in order to try and minimize the spread of the airborne virus. This has also come with an uptick in air duct maintenance. Even before the pandemic, air duct cleaning is an important part of maintaining your building. HGTV has a list of tips for keeping your air ducts clear and clean;
- Change your HVAC filter according to how often your manual recommends
- Replace with the highest efficiency air filter recommended by the manufacturer
- Remove the vent covers to visually inspect and vacuum as far as you can reach down
- Ensure employees are not shoving flammable materials down the vents
- Do not cover the vents for extended periods of time
- Consider investing in a UV Light to help filter out bacteria
- Schedule yearly maintenance and cleaning with a professional company
Air ducts and vents are a hidden, but vitally important part of any business. And especially during times when airborne viruses are present. And if not properly maintained they can lead to a drop in air quality and quite possibly become a fire hazard. So keep your business safe and make sure your air ducts are clean.
As always, if disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Springfield and SERVPRO of Morgan, Cass, Macoupin & Montgomery Counties are always here for you. We can be reached 24/7 at 217-528-7775.