How to Keep Your Floor Tile Clean
A commercial tile floor is something that almost all businesses today have throughout their buildings. It is a great choice for any business because it is easy to install and clean. But even the easiest flooring needs a deeper clean from time to time. Especially in areas of high foot traffic, the floors of your business can wear down quickly. Custom Furniture and Flooring has tips for both regular cleaning and deep cleaning to keep your floors spick and span.
- Try cleaning with just water and a rag or sponge mop first
- If the water doesn’t fully clean the floor, try using cleaning products recommended by the manufacturer
- If you are unsure of which cleaners to use, try a “no-rinse” cleaner
- Steer clear of ammonia and other overly harsh cleaners
- About once a year, strip your floors to avoid wear patterns
- Use as little stripper as possible to make sure you don’t destroy the adhesive
- Whether using an automatic or handheld machine, don’t use stiff bristles for the cleaning
- Use craft paper around the work area to protect from splashes and spills
All around a commercial tile floor is a fairly easy and solid choice in flooring for your business. That doesn’t however mean that it doesn’t require any kind of maintenance or an every so often deep clean. Make sure you know everything you can about your floor so you can easily clean and deep clean your floors on a regular basis. After all, it’s the one thing everyone in the office uses on a regular basis.
As always, if disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Springfield and SERVPRO of Morgan, Cass, Macoupin & Montgomery Counties are always here for you. We can be reached 24/7 at 217-528-7775.