Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Fire Damage

SERVPRO of Springfield has the equipment and knowledge to get the job done whether it is a commercial fire damage or a residential water damage.  We can get you taken care of no matter what.  Call us today at 217-528-7775

Vent and Duct Cleaning after Fire Damage

It is incredible how much soot and smoke can get sucked in by a vent in a residential HVAC system during a fire.  Depending on the location of the opening in relation to the fire, a return can circulate the smoke throughout the house causing more damage.  

For this reason a complete cleaning of the duct system is usually required to keep from recirculating airborne smoke and soot throughout the house. Generally a good indicator for if the system needs to be cleaned is by taking a look at the filter.

For duct cleaning after a fire, or anytime, call SERVPRO of Springfield at 217-528-7775

Commercial Fire Damage

One of SERVPRO of Springfield's box trucks that carry our truck mounts and other equipment to job sites to extract water and respond to emergencies.

If you have a water or fire damage call us at 217-528-7775

Feed Store

SERVPRO of Springfield was called to a Business In Taylorville IL that experienced a fire loss. When SERVPRO arrives on a job the first thing we do is develop a plan that will help get the business back up and running as quickly as possible. 

Fire Safety

Did you know that if a fire starts in your home you may have as little as two minutes to escape? During a fire, early warning from a working smoke alarm plus a fire escape plan that has been practiced regularly can save lives. Learn what else to do to keep your loved ones safe!

Source: American Red Cross

SERVPRO of Springfield encounters a lot of fires that ended with everyone safely out of the vicinity thanks to smoke detectors that end up looking like this.  

Dangers of Burning Candles

This fire was caused from leaving a candle burning and unattended.

When using candles, we all should practice the following safety tips:

  • Always keep matches, lighters, and candles away from children.
  • Never leave burning candles unattended.
  • Keep combustible materials far away from candles.
  • Do not put candles in a location where children or pets could knock them over. Be aware that candles and rambunctious puppies don’t mix.
  • Use only nonflammable candleholders that are sturdy and hard to tip over.
  • Always trim the wicks before lighting.
  • Do not burn a candle all the way down to where it is too close to the holder or container.
  • Use flashlights rather than candles when you have a power outage.

-Source: Pekin Insurance

Each box has its own barcode

SERVPRO of Springfield uses bar code scanning equipment to track homeowners property after a fire or loss. Specific items needed out of their inventory can be retrieved in a few minutes.