Happy Halloween from SERVPRO!
Happy Halloween from everyone here at SERVPRO of Springfield! We hope that your costumes are awesome and your candy stashes grow large. There’s no doubt that Halloween can be a source of fun and excitement for kids and adults alike. But even on this beloved holiday, it’s important to not only remain safe while out and about but also to try to be somewhat healthy as well. Luckily, Healthychildren.org has a list of safety tips and healthy pointers to help you get the most out of your Halloween celebrations;
- If you’re going trick-or-treating at night, plan costumes that are bright and reflective so other people and cars will be able to see you easier
- Give your child a good meal prior to parties and trick-or-treating to dissuade them from eating too much candy
- Make sure costumes are short enough to prevent tripping, entanglement, or contact with flame and contain adequate footwear for long periods of walking and running
- Keep an eye on what your child has in their mouth at all times while out trick-or-treating
- Consider approved and hypoallergenic makeup as opposed to masks to make sure you have a full range of vision
- Try to ration treats for the days and weeks following Halloween to keep everyone from overeating on their Halloween treats
- Avoid any sharp or long swords, canes, or sticks as a costume accessory as they can be hazardous to others if used inappropriately
- Make sure you’re children know to never eat candy that is not properly sealed in a wrapper
- Only go to homes with a porch light on because that is a common indicator that the people inside are participating
- Inspect any baked or homemade goodies for contamination or allergens
- Always accompany young children on their neighborhood rounds even if they know the neighborhood well
Halloween is one of the most celebrated and enjoyed holidays on the calendar every year. But it can also be very dangerous for both adults and kids if they’re not well prepared for it. Just remember to stay safe when having fun and make sure others around you are doing it just the same.
As always, if disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Springfield and SERVPRO of Morgan, Cass, Macoupin & Montgomery Counties are always here for you. We can be reached 24/7 at 217-528-7775.