Fireproofing Your Home
Nothing quite destroys your home like a fire. The way it can melt, charr, and even fuse just about anything is something that’s truly terrifying. And it can feel like there’s nothing you can do to stop it from happening one day. And while it’s true that fire can power past many safeguards if it has the strength, there are things that you can do in your home to help protect it from unexpected blazes. Clovered Insurance has a list of suggestions and tips for investing in the fireproofing of your home;
- Invest in Fire-Resistant Glass for Your Windows
- Cover Your Home’s Exterior Walls with Fire-Resistant Materials
- Use Non-Combustible Roofing Materials
- Rethink Your Deck’s Materials
- Utilize Spark Arrestor for the Chimney
- Keep Flammable Objects at Least 30 Feet From Your Home
- Consider Investing in Heavy-Duty Exterior Sprinklers That are Triggered by Heat
A fire with enough fuel and power can burn through just about anything. Even the most secure safeguards. But when given the choice between a total loss and possibly salvaging their home, I think most would choose the ladder. Anything you can do to reduce the damage of a fire on your home is a good investment. After all your home is supposed to be your safe haven. Make sure it truly is as safe as it can be.
As always, if disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Springfield and SERVPRO of Morgan, Cass, Macoupin & Montgomery Counties are always here for you. We can be reached 24/7 at 217-528-7775.