Raking the Autumn Leaves
Raking the leaves off your lawn is one of the most tiresome parts of the fall weather. Unless you’re making a leaf pile for your kids to enjoy, it can seem like a never-ending job as more and more leaves fall every day. But perhaps there are other options for those pesky leaves that don’t involve a rake at all. HGTV has a list of unique ideas that could put those fallen leaves to better use;
- Mow over the leaves to use for mulch
- Make Leaf Mold near the base of your trees
- Chop leaves for a Compost pile
- Put the leaves beneath shrubs and in planting beds to provide winter protection for insects or small critters
- Blow leaves away with a leaf blower
- Add leaves to vegetable gardens to help protect roots from harsh winter weather
- Use leaves for Art Projects
- Try Community Recycling and give your leaves to someone who can use them
The falling leaves of autumn don’t necessarily have to be a pain in the butt. There are ways to make fall fun again, even if you’re too big to be jumping into those leaf piles. So get creative this fall and try a raking alternative.
As always, if disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Springfield and SERVPRO of Morgan, Cass, Macoupin & Montgomery Counties are always here for you. We can be reached 24/7 at 217-528-7775.