Is it Really Time for School Already?
It feels like summer just started, doesn't it? But despite how much many of us wish it weren't true, the back-to-school season is upon us. There's so much to plan for when it comes to returning to school. Whether your kids are starting kindergarten, or you're off to college, there's always a ton to do to prepare. To make sure you have everything you need for the new school year, the National Safety Council (NSC) has a list of tips you might've not thought of during your preparations;
- Choose your backpacks based on both comfort and functionality
- If your child mentions a playground head injury, make sure you get them examined
- If your child walks to school, make sure they take the sidewalk when available
- Use both straps when carrying a backpack to evenly distribute weight
- If you have a new teen driver, practice with them at least once a week to build up experience
- Do not overstuff your backpack
- If your child rides a bike to school, make sure they have a helmet and a bike chain
- When driving to school, make sure you obey the school zone speed limits
- If your child rides the bus, teach them to stay away from the curb while waiting
Back to School season can be stressful. And while it's sad that the summer has ended, there's still a ton of fun to be had during the school year. Just remember that no matter what age your school-goers are, they can prepare to be safe and have a great year. So enjoy the 2021-2022 school year and all it has to offer.
As always, if disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Springfield and SERVPRO of Morgan, Cass, Macoupin & Montgomery Counties are always here for you. We can be reached 24/7 at 217-528-7775.