Keeping Your Employees Focused
Even before the pandemic hit, a lot of businesses struggled with keeping their employees focused on their jobs. And now with so many companies dealing with some or all of their employees working from home, that notion has only gotten worse. Dealing with young kids, cleaning the house, eating, and wi-fi problems are just some of the extra distractions that have popped up. However, there are ways to keep your employees focused and attentive so that you can get their best work even amid these unusual times. Corporate Wellness Magazine has a helpful list of ways to keep your employees focused on their work;
- Seek feedback to better understand what each person needs to be efficient
- Streamline common tasks to take out the “grunt work”
- Encourage breaks instead of multi-tasking
- Encourage working in a quiet area to cut down on noise pollution
- Get a sense of what situation your employees are in so you can help them adjust
- Create an accountable culture
- Consider offering some kind of incentive to employees who are doing well
These are just a few ideas that can help you bring focus to your workplace. Your employees will most likely appreciate the effort put in by you in order to help them work. We’re all struggling in some way or another during this pandemic. So whatever you can do to help will be a great step forward for your business. Happy employees make for a happy business.
As always, if disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Springfield and SERVPRO of Morgan, Cass, Macoupin & Montgomery Counties are always here for you. We can be reached 24/7 at 217-528-7775.