SERVPRO of Springfield are exactly the professionals you need in the unfortunate event you find you have a mold problem in your home or office. Our experts are trained and certified to eliminate mold. We understand mold can be an inconvenience and we also educate our customers, it can be far more serious and needs a highly trained expert to alleviate the issue. Mold is sometimes difficult to detect if it’s not out in the open and clearly visible. If you cannot visibly see the mold, it's best to contact an industrial hygienist to come in a test for mold.
Any mold that produces mycotoxins—the “myco” refers to fungus. One of the more alarming varieties is Stachybotrys chartarum: Dense, black, and usually present where moisture has been a long-term, unresolved issue, like a damp basement or in an abandoned home, this fungus can trigger a suite of health issues. All molds should be treated the same with respect to potential health risks and removal.” These are the signs of mold that you should be looking out for.
- Outside of physical symptoms you may be experiencing from mold in your home or office, you may see signs on the walls. Watch for bubbling paint in your bathroom or near windows. These locations notoriously have high volumes of moisture which are a breeding ground for mold.
- Keeping your bathroom exhaust fan clean is a great way to keep mold at bay. If your bathroom is still steamy after 10 minutes of running your exhaust fan, it might be a good idea to clean it thoroughly.
- If you find a continuous must smell in your home or office, this could be an indication of mold. It’s a good idea to call an expert to professionally clean.
As always, if disaster strikes, SERVPRO of Springfield, Sangamon, Morgan, Cass, and Montgomery Counties is always here for you. We can be reached 24/7 at 217-528-7775.