The Professionals of SERVPRO® of Springfield
Our crew will work diligently to ensure your needs are met!
SERVPRO® of Springfield professionals are highly trained and qualified to handle your remediation needs. With experience in water, fire, smoke and mold remediation, you can rest assured that every job will be handled with the utmost care. We utilize state of the art equipment to clean, repair and restore your property so that we can also restore your peace of mind. In addition, we work closely with your insurance company to ensure that all of the necessary work is approved according to the terms of your policy. By placing your trust in SERVPRO® of Springfield, you can be sure that your needs will be met with understanding and empathy. Our high standards of quality means that we will work diligently to ensure that your property will be returned to “Like it never even happened.” condition. We are here for you and your family 24/7 at 217-528-7775.
Avoiding Mold in Your Household Appliances
Propping doors open after a cycle will allow the machine to dry.
Moisture has the potential to lead to mold and many of our household appliances work with water. If there is poor ventilation, leaks or a clogged drain, your washer, dishwasher and fridge all become susceptible to mold growth.
Here are some tips to help you stay in control of your appliances.
- Front load washers have two places that mold can grow: the detergent drawer and door seal. Make sure that you leave the door and drawer open when not in use and never let laundry sit!
- Top load washers can develop mold between the drum and interior walls. Run a Clean Washer Cycle once a month if your washer has one, do not use too much detergent with your laundry and leave the lid open after each use.
- Refrigerators can grow mold between the door seals and on neglected food. Clean spills immediately and wipe down with vinegar once a month.
- Dishwashers develop mold in the filter, silverware basket, interior panels and door gasket. Use the heat-dry function and leave the door open for awhile after use.
Taking proactive steps to prevent mold growth will lengthen the life of your appliances and keep your home healthy. Remember SERVPRO® of Springfield is Here to Help!® We are available 24/7 at 217-528-7775.
SERVPRO® of Springfield is Here for You!
Our crew is always here for you!
SERVPRO® of Springfield is available 24/7; 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Whether disaster strikes at 1 am or even at 1 pm, we are here for you and your business! Your call will be answered by one of our friendly customer care operators and a customer service representative will be in touch with you within 30 minutes. We will work with you to decide a plan of action and get a crew to site as soon as deemed appropriate. Remember when you call SERVPRO® of Springfield, you are calling a local emergency service company that has been in business for over 30 years serving our community. We are Here To Help®. So if disaster should ever strike your business,call us at 217-528-7775.
Vandalism & Graffiti Cleanup with SERVPRO® of Springfield
Handle vandalism and graffiti promptly!
SERVPRO® of Springfield can help your business if you are affected by vandalism. We know how important it is to keep your building clean and inviting for clients. Time is of the essence when handling graffiti or vandalism in order to ensure there are no long term negative effects to your business.
Top reasons to choose Professional Assistance when Vandalism or Graffiti affects your business.
- Maintain a Professional Appearance
Quickly handling vandalism and/or graffiti will demonstrate the high standard of professionalism that you hold your business to. By quickly fixing broken windows you can prevent unwanted water damage or a potential easy access point for a break in. By quickly removing graffiti, you can proactively prevent your building being turned into a regular graffiti “tag” location.
- Increase Property Value
Having vandalism issues addressed quickly can pave the way for the future sale of your commercial building. A clean and put together building will help keep the resale value of your building where it should be.
If vandalism does occur at your business, be sure to contact local assistance through SERVPRO® of Springfield. We are available 24/7 at 217-528-7775. We are Here to Help!®
Laminate Flooring During a Water Damage
Laminate flooring comes with its own set of rules when it comes to water damages.
With all the different types of flooring options we have available in our homes today, it should come as no surprise that the most common concern after a water damage has to do with the flooring. As long as the water damage is caught quickly, most carpet materials can be salvaged though the pads are replaced. And even most hardwood floors can be dried. But there is one type of flooring that can not be restored after a water damage has occurred and that is laminate.
Laminate flooring holds moisture that permanently compromises the material. As soon as it gets wet, it begins to warp and unlike its hardwood counterpart, the warping can not be reversed by drying. Laminate flooring also has a vapor barrier underneath of it that traps water. In order to allow proper air movement, the barrier has to be removed. If the laminate and vapor barrier are not properly handled after a water damage, more damage can occur from mold and mildew.
Be sure to contact local professionals to assist you if you experience a water damage. SERVPRO® of Springfield is available 24/7 at 217-528-7775.
Preventing Smoking Related Fires
Be conscious of where you dump your cigarette butts!
Cigarettes, cigars, pipes and e-cigarettes are a leading cause in preventable home fires in the United States. Here are some safety tips for preventing fires caused by smoking materials.
- Keep cigarettes, lighters, matches and other smoking materials up high and out of site of children. Play can quickly turn dangerous if
- Smoke outside as most smoking related deaths result from fires that start inside the home.
- Use a deep and sturdy ash-tray that is away from anything that can burn.
- When disposing of butts and ashes, make sure they are out by dousing them in water or sand. Never throw cigarette butts in vegetation such as mulch, potted plants, dried grasses, leaves or landscaping as they can ignite quickly and easily.
- Always use caution with e-cigarettes. The batteries can fail and cause mini-explosions that can result in fires.
Remember, fires caused by smoking related materials are always preventable. If, by chance, your home or business does experience a fire damage, reach out to a local professional to assist with clean-up. SERVPRO® of Springfield is available 24/7 at 217-528-7775.
Flooding Can Lead to Mold
It is important to get professional assistance with cleaning up after a flood event!
Flood damaged homes are very likely to experience mold damage as moisture permeates the structure of the building for an extended period of time. Mold organisms are found almost everywhere and damp environments allows it to grow and spread through affected areas such as basements, walls, carpet and wood. If you have a flood damaged home, keep an eye out for discoloration on surfaces and the tell-tale musty odor.
If you notice mold in your home, there are things you can do.
- Get the moisture under control. After a flood, the water must be extracted and the structure dried.
- All porous materials (drywall, carpeting, and ceiling tiles) with mold growth should be discarded.
- Appliances that contain insulation should be discarded as they may harbor mold spores that cannot be seen.
- Heating and air conditioning filters need to be changed. The system will need to be inspected by a professional and may need to be replaced.
- Non-porous materials and surfaces will need to be professionally cleaned depending on the extent of the damage. Remember, if clean up is not handled appropriately, it is likely that the spores will spread.
If you experience a water damage and would like to avoid mold call in local assistance, contact SERVPRO of Springfield at 217-528-7775. We are available to help 24/7.
Commercial Carpet Care with SERVPRO® of Springfield
Keep up appearances with a commercial carpet cleaning!
As a business owner, you probably have your office space cleaned on a regular basis. But how often do you have your carpets cleaned? Even with regular sweeping and vacuuming, carpets get grimy! Let SERVPRO® of Springfield help keep your office space looking presentable. We offer expert carpet cleaning services that can eliminate the stains that sweeping and vacuuming miss.
Top Reasons to Regularly Schedule Commercial Carpet Cleaning Services:
- Extend the Life of Your Carpet
Over time, dirt can damage carpet fibers and cause the carpet to wear down quicker than it should. Regular cleaning removes that dirt and keeps your carpet looking sharp.
- Remove Stains
Clients like the look of a clean workplace. By maintaining a clean and stain free carpet you are showing your clients that you hold your business to a higher standard and that you maintain a degree of personal responsibility.
- Improve Air Quality
Carpet is a haven for dust, pollen, and bacteria that can cause allergies to flare. If left alone, these contaminants can continuously get back into the air causing lots of sneezing and downtime in the office.
If you are looking for a local carpet cleaning professional to clean your carpets, contact SERVPRO® of Springfield at 217-528-7775. We are here to help you keep your office carpets clean and looking great!
Tips for Avoiding Electrical Fires
Always be careful to not overload a power strip or extension cord.
Electrical and heating fires can happen without warning. Wiring, lighting, cords and plugs all pose their own unique fire risk. By actively being aware of your environment and taking necessary steps for safety, you can work to prevent fire damage.
Ways to prevent electrical and heating fires:
- Have all electrical work done by a qualified electrician and all heating equipment/chimneys cleaned and inspected by a professional. There are no shortcuts when it comes to home safety!
- All major appliances (refrigerators, dryers, washers, stoves, a/c units and microwave ovens should be plugged directly into a wall outlet. Do not use extension cords or plug strips.
- Always turn off major appliances and heaters when you leave a room or go to sleep.
- Do not use extension cords as a permanent solution for power for any type of device.
If your home or business experiences an electrical fire damage, please reach out for local assistance. SERVPRO® of Springfield is available 24/7 at 217-528-7775.
National Fire Prevention Week
Check out the NFPA's website for more information.
Every year the National Fire Prevention Agency sponsors the public observance of Fire Prevention Week during the week of October 9th. It is the longest running public health observance in the United States. The program began in 1925 when President Coolidge proclaimed Fire Prevention Week in order to commemorate the Great Chicago Fire that claimed the lives of more than 250 people, left 100,000 homeless, and destroyed more than 17,400 structures over 2,000 acres of land.
During Fire Prevention Week, the NFPA sponsors programs that educate communities about fire prevention and safety. By bringing awareness to the topic of fire prevention to people of all ages, races and socioeconomic status, the NFPA is hoping to drastically reduce the amount of casualties caused by fire.
You can learn more about the NFPA and their mission here: www.nfpa.org
SERVPRO® of Springfield is always here in case your home or office experiences a fire damage. Let us help you get your life back on track. We are available 24/7 at 217-528-7775.