Commercial Carpet Care with SERVPRO® of Springfield
Keep up appearances with a commercial carpet cleaning!
As a business owner, you probably have your office space cleaned on a regular basis. But how often do you have your carpets cleaned? Even with regular sweeping and vacuuming, carpets get grimy! Let SERVPRO® of Springfield help keep your office space looking presentable. We offer expert carpet cleaning services that can eliminate the stains that sweeping and vacuuming miss.
Top Reasons to Regularly Schedule Commercial Carpet Cleaning Services:
- Extend the Life of Your Carpet
Over time, dirt can damage carpet fibers and cause the carpet to wear down quicker than it should. Regular cleaning removes that dirt and keeps your carpet looking sharp.
- Remove Stains
Clients like the look of a clean workplace. By maintaining a clean and stain free carpet you are showing your clients that you hold your business to a higher standard and that you maintain a degree of personal responsibility.
- Improve Air Quality
Carpet is a haven for dust, pollen, and bacteria that can cause allergies to flare. If left alone, these contaminants can continuously get back into the air causing lots of sneezing and downtime in the office.
If you are looking for a local carpet cleaning professional to clean your carpets, contact SERVPRO® of Springfield at 217-528-7775. We are here to help you keep your office carpets clean and looking great!
Tips for Avoiding Electrical Fires
Always be careful to not overload a power strip or extension cord.
Electrical and heating fires can happen without warning. Wiring, lighting, cords and plugs all pose their own unique fire risk. By actively being aware of your environment and taking necessary steps for safety, you can work to prevent fire damage.
Ways to prevent electrical and heating fires:
- Have all electrical work done by a qualified electrician and all heating equipment/chimneys cleaned and inspected by a professional. There are no shortcuts when it comes to home safety!
- All major appliances (refrigerators, dryers, washers, stoves, a/c units and microwave ovens should be plugged directly into a wall outlet. Do not use extension cords or plug strips.
- Always turn off major appliances and heaters when you leave a room or go to sleep.
- Do not use extension cords as a permanent solution for power for any type of device.
If your home or business experiences an electrical fire damage, please reach out for local assistance. SERVPRO® of Springfield is available 24/7 at 217-528-7775.
National Fire Prevention Week
Check out the NFPA's website for more information.
Every year the National Fire Prevention Agency sponsors the public observance of Fire Prevention Week during the week of October 9th. It is the longest running public health observance in the United States. The program began in 1925 when President Coolidge proclaimed Fire Prevention Week in order to commemorate the Great Chicago Fire that claimed the lives of more than 250 people, left 100,000 homeless, and destroyed more than 17,400 structures over 2,000 acres of land.
During Fire Prevention Week, the NFPA sponsors programs that educate communities about fire prevention and safety. By bringing awareness to the topic of fire prevention to people of all ages, races and socioeconomic status, the NFPA is hoping to drastically reduce the amount of casualties caused by fire.
You can learn more about the NFPA and their mission here: www.nfpa.org
SERVPRO® of Springfield is always here in case your home or office experiences a fire damage. Let us help you get your life back on track. We are available 24/7 at 217-528-7775.
Cooking Safety Tips to Prevent Fire Damage
Paying attention while you cook can greatly minimize the possibility of fire damage.
Cooking is responsible for nearly half of all home fires each year. And while it is alarming to think that such a simple task has the potential to have such destructive consequences, it is a very manageable risk to minimize.
Here are some simple ways that we can all use to lower the risk of turning a Tuesday night casserole into a Tuesday night catastrophe.
- Always stay nearby when cooking. Never walk away from food that you are frying, grilling, boiling or broiling. If you are simmering or baking, check the food regularly. And if you absolutely must step away, set a timer to remind you that you are cooking!
- Be alert! Do not cook if you are sleepy or under the influence.
- Keep clutter away from the cooking area. Towels, oven mitts, and food packaging can all quickly catch ablaze.
Remember if a fire damage does occur, SERVPRO® of Springfield is available 24/7 at 217-528-7775.
Spotting a Hidden Bathroom Leak
Paying attention to damages early on can save major headaches in the end.
SERVPRO® of Springfield knows it is often the water that you cannot see that causes the most damage. Leaks that go undetected and therefore, untreated, can become a costly mess. They can damage walls, ceilings, and flooring. The sooner a leak can be detected, the less damage it will be able to cause.
Signs of a Hidden Leak:
- Mold or Mildew
- Mold thrives in moist, dark areas. If you notice mold or mildew growing on a wall or in corners, you can be sure water is leaking from a nearby pipe. There may also be a stagnant odor that is coming from the affected area.
- Damaged Walls or Ceilings
- A wall that is stained, warped or that has wallpaper beginning to bubble usually is telling you there is a moisture problem. When drywall gets wet, it becomes soft and will eventually begin to warp. Similarly, when a leak reaches the ceiling, it causes it to stain and sag.
- Damaged Flooring
- If the floor is buckling, cracking or becoming spongy there may be water damage. Tile can become loose and hardwood can bubble.
If you suspect water damage, call SERVPRO® of Springfield to assist with clean up. We are available 24/7 at 217-528-7775. Remember, we are Here to Help!®
SERVPRO® of Springfield is Here for You!
We are here for you!
SERVPRO® of Springfield is available 24/7; 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Whether disaster strikes at 1 am or even at 1 pm, we are here for you and your business! Your call will be answered by one of our friendly customer care operators and a customer service representative will be in touch with you within 30 minutes. We will work with you to decide a plan of action and get a crew to site as soon as deemed appropriate. Remember when you call SERVPRO® of Springfield, you are calling a local emergency service company that has been in business for over 30 years serving our community. We are Here To Help®. So if disaster should ever strike your business,call us at 217-528-7775.
Dryer Safety with SERVPRO® of Springfield
Small steps make a big difference!
SERVPRO® of Springfield was recently called to a residential fire clean-up. Thankfully the fire damage was contained to one room and no one was injured. But there is still no such thing as a “good” fire. The culprit for this particular fire damage was the clothes dryer. As we often do not think about the dangers that can come from our household appliances we thought we would offer a few maintenance tips for keeping your dryer safe.
- Have your dryer installed by a professional.
- Clean the lint filter before and after each load and clean the back of the dryer when it becomes visibly built up.
- Clean lint out of the vent pipe every three months.
- Check the outside vent regularly to ensure it isn’t blocked.
- If you will be away from home for an extended time, unplug or disconnect the dryer.
- Do not use a dryer without a lint filter or with a filter that is damaged or clogged.
- Do not overload the dryer.
- Do not dry anything containing foam, rubber or plastic.
- Do not leave a dryer running if you leave home or go to bed.
- Do not dry items that have come into contact with anything flammable. Dry those items outside or in a well-ventilated area.
If by chance you do experience a fire damage, contact SERVPRO® of Springfield at 217-528-7775.
SERVPRO® of Springfield Can Help With Storm Damage Cleanup
Stay safe around storm damage!
SERVPRO® of Springfield knows that in Illinois, your home or business can be affected by a variety different storm damages within a single season. From hail to wind, tornado to snowstorm, we get a little bit of everything around here. Knowing what to look for after a storm is crucial for detecting and restoring issues. Below are areas to check for storm damage:
- Roof: Look for shingles that have discoloration, tearing, or even holes in them. These can all be signs that your roof has been damaged. Another sign is if there are leaks in your roof or your ceiling.
- Gutters: After a hail storm, looking for dents or dings can also give you a better picture of what the storm did to the rest of your home. Your gutters can also give you insight to whether you have roof damage. Check to see if there are granules from the asphalt shingles in your gutter.
- Windows: Look at each of the windows at your homes and note any signs of shattered or broken windows and frame damage. This is especially important after a hail storm or a strong wind storm.
- Exterior: Not only is it important to look at the siding of your home to check for damage, it is also important that you check any appliances.
After your inspection, if you notice any signs of storm damage follow up by checking the area for signs of mold or mildew. If damage has occurred call a local professional to resolve the issue. SERVPRO® of Springfield is always here to help at 217-528-7775.
Mold in the Ductwork
Visible mold on a vent.
We at SERVPRO® of Springfield know that mold and mildew can be pesky troublemakers for any homeowner. Since all they need is moisture and a source of nutrients, they can quickly start to grow on almost any surface. One location that is often neglected as a potential “hotbed” for mold growth is the ductwork of a home. The ductwork of the HVAC system interconnects the entire home. Any place where moisture may have gotten in, mold can grow and, as a result, spread quickly throughout the system.
It is a good idea to regularly check your HVAC system to ensure that mold has not developed. By performing routine checks on the drain pan and condensate line to ensure they are not plugged and that other components such as blowers and air handlers are free from moisture, you can help avoid mold growth. If during one of these routine checks, you come across mold or mildew, remember there is a local team of remediation specialists who can help.
No matter when disaster strikes, SERVPRO® of Springfield is here to help at 217-528-7775. #mold #remediation #waterdamage #HeretoHelp #local #SERVPRO #Springfield #Illinois
SERVPRO® of Springfield Provides a Fast Response Time!
Timing is everything when it comes to disaster mitigation!
SERVPRO® of Springfield is open 24/7, 365 days a year because we know that quick response time can make all the difference. Fast response to a damage can make the difference between restoring and replacing your business’ property and belongings. The first 24 hours are the most critical time when a major damage happens as after this first window of time subsequent damage can occur. The sooner an assessment of the damage can be made, the sooner the clean up work can begin and the sooner other problems can be prevented.
We know that closures for your business don’t just impact you, they also impact your customers and employees. So, before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean the damage yourself, call SERVPRO® of Springfield at 217-528-7775.